[PyKDE] ANN: SIP v4.0pre1 Released
phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 19:35:01 BST 2003
SIP v4.0pre1 is now available for download from the usual place. You will need
a current PyQt snapshot, Qt v3.0.0 or later and Python v2.3 or later.
Don't use it for production work.
- Modules now follow the rules for Python extension modules. I'm interested in
any feedback on building on MacOS/X.
- New-style classes are used.
- PyQt builds without problems. All PyQt examples, tutorials and internal unit
tests seem to work.
What doesn't work...
- Support for C++ instance variables has yet to be added (Qt v3 doesn't have
- The Windows version is untested.
Installation is identical to current SIP v3 snapshots. I would recommend
removing SIP v3 first and any PyQt modules, ie. clean out your site-packages
Alternatively, after building PyQt with SIP v4 you could move the .so files
from site-packages to a new sip4 sub-directory of site-packages. Then create
an empty __init__.py file in the same directory. Then change your scripts to
do "import sip4.qt as qt".
Bug reports - however trivial - welcome.
More information about the PyQt