[PyKDE] Segv debugging

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 05:49:00 BST 2003

On Thursday 16 October 2003 4:21 am, Derek Fountain wrote:
> When getting a segv from a PyQt script, is there a way of getting and using
> a core dump such that it might provide a clue as to what I've done wrong?
> What steps do developers take when faced with a segv?

Getting a core dump depends on your shell...

ulimit -c unlimited

...for bash.

As of now you can also build a trace enabled version of PyQt (build it with
the -r flag). To switch traces on, put the following in your script...

# The SIP v4 module is called sip.
import libsip as sip

sip.settracemask(0xff)

...you can change the mask at any time. See the SIP_TRACE_* values in sip.h to
see the detail of which trace messages correspond to which bit of the mask.