[PyKDE] Web article on wxWindows and PyQt

Sundance sundance at ierne.eu.org
Sun Oct 5 04:45:00 BST 2003

I heard Hans-Peter Jansen said:

> Conclusion: beware from using qApp.quit(), or even sys.exit(0)
> without thinking twice. There are almost always better ways to close
> a PyQt application. Use them.

This interests me. I've been trying to write a clean exception handler
around the event loop, so that if an exception occurs in my end-user
oriented application (darn, I speak like I had a tie...), a nice popup
will warn the user, and then the app will quit cleanly, after saving
its conf if at all possible. The quitting part is done with
qApp.quit(). What should I do instead then?

-- S.