[PyKDE] problem setting up PyKDE on mdk9.1

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Fri Oct 3 19:29:01 BST 2003

Hi,

On Friday 03 October 2003 20:26, caffeine at tuxfamily.org wrote:
> I'm trying to setup PyKDE on my Mandrake 9.1/python 2.2 box but so far I

> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libkdecorecmodule.so:
> undefined symbol: _ZNK10KAboutData18copyrightStatementEv

Let me guess. You are using the original KDE version that came with Mandrake
9.1. :) yeah, there is a problem and the PyKDE rpms for mandrake don't work
with that version.

What you can do is update your KDE to 3.1.4. That should work. I'm using 3.1.2
here. You can go here http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/urpmiweb.php , follow the
directions and remember to select 'Texstar'. Now you will be able to upgrade
KDE using the Mandrake Install tool. Open up the Mandrake Control Center and
go to Install Software, do a search on "kde" and you should get a big long
list of KDE packages. Select the 3.1.4-tex2 ones and when you are ready hit
'install'. and wait, and wait. :-)

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/