[PyKDE] Eric3 ignoring breakpoint ?

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Thu Nov 27 20:32:01 GMT 2003

Am Donnerstag, 27. November 2003 11:35 schrieb Mateusz Korniak:
> On Wednesday 26 of November 2003 19:59, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> > please generate a little test script, that shows the observed
> > behaviour and send it to me. That's the only way to track this.
>
> [root at appserver /root]# cd /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/
> [root at appserver site-packages]# mkdir testmod
> [root at appserver site-packages]# chown matkor.users testmod
>
> [matkor at appserver /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/testmod]$ mkdir
> testsubmod [matkor at appserver
> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/testmod]$ cd testsubmod/
> [matkor at appserver
> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/testmod/testsubmod]$ touch
> __init__.py
> [matkor at appserver
> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/testmod/testsubmod]$ touch
> testfile.py

Ok, the problem is with your setup. You are trying to debug code, that is
installed in the python installation directory. This by itself is a bad
idea because only working code should go there.

Eric ignores all code modules, which are part of the python installation,
i.e. installed under
os.path.join(sys.prefix,'lib/python' + sys.version[0:3]).

In order to debug your code put it somewhere outside of the Python
installation directory and it will work.

Regards
Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach