[PyKDE] XML support

Eron Lloyd elloyd at lancaster.lib.pa.us
Wed Nov 26 22:53:01 GMT 2003

On Tuesday November 25 2003 1:15 pm, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 November 2003 2:15 am, Eron Lloyd wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Is anyone doing anything major with the qtxml package? Is XML support in
> > PyQt experimental? Perhaps I would be better to rely on another package
> > for now...I also see the none of the SAX stuff is wrapped or exposed. If
> > qtxml was good enough, it'd be one less package I'd need to add to my
> > project.
>
> There's nothing experimental about qtxml - it's no different to any of the
> other modules.
>
> The SAX stuff isn't wrapped simply because nobody has asked for it.
>
> Personally, I use PyXML - and the Jones & Drake book.

Ah, I see. The more I learn, I guess PyQt isn't as automated a wrapping as I
had originally imagined. I thought that just about every class was available.
Reading deeper into the code, I notice things like Qt Properties aren't
available directly. I assume once SIP 4 solidifies this will become easier?
As far as SAX support goes, it might be convenient to have, or at least
mention the exclusion in the docs. Looking at the huge(!) map of classes in
the Qt doc, I must imagine providing all that functionality is quite a task.
Is there anything not implemented that hasn't been because no one requested?

Regards,

Eron

--
Eron Lloyd