[PyKDE] The Very Last SIP v4 Bug

Torsten Marek shlomme at gmx.net
Wed Nov 26 22:19:01 GMT 2003

Phil Thompson schrieb:
[..snip..]
>>2. The error I reported still exists. Should I strip down the sourcecode
>>to a minimal version where this error stills occurs?
>

> That would be really helpful.

I started to do this and I could find one problem:
in the resize-Event of one class, there is a call
setPalette(self.palette())
to invalidate all nodes an run setup on them once again because the text
in the node might have to be wrapped on resize.

I looked into the sourcecode and commented out the subclassed
setup()-function of the my ListViewItem, then it works without problems.
Hm, the function was a hack anyway, there has to be a better way.
The thing is that Qt does not wrap the text in ListViewItems itself, so
I have to insert newlines manually. But they have to inserted before Qt
calls the setup() method (the behaviour proved to be very odd in that
case and I did forget all the dirty little facts, but I remember to have
had some very nice evenings with this).

Anyway, if it is a bug in sip4, then chances that it occurs are very
rare. If you want to have a deeper analysis of the problem, I could give
it to you, tomorrow

nice greetings

Torsten

--
Torsten Marek <shlomme at gmx.net>
ID: A244C858 -- fingerprint 1902 0002 5DFC 856B F146  894C 7CC5 451E