[PyKDE] internal error building sip4.0pre4

michael ferraro michael at possibleworlds.com
Tue Nov 25 16:16:00 GMT 2003

1.  -- FIRST  TRY --

python configure.py -l "qt-mt" -p macx-g++
Error: specs/macx-g++: environment variable 'TB' is not defined.

2.  -- SECOND TRY --

[Wheezer:/Developer/sip-x11-gpl-snapshot-20031124] mef% python
configure.py -l "qt-mt"
This is SIP snapshot-20031124 for Python 2.3 on darwin.
The SIP code generator will be installed in /usr/local/bin.
The SIP module will be installed in
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/
site-packages.
The SIP header file will be installed in
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/include/
python2.3.
The default directory to install .sip files in is /usr/local/share/sip.
Qt v3.2.2 free edition is being used.
The Qt header files are in /Developer/qt/include.
The qt-mt Qt library is in /Developer/qt/lib.
Qt's default platform/compiler configuration will be used.
Creating sipconfig.py...
An internal error occured.  Please report all the output from the
program,
including the following traceback, to support at riverbankcomputing.co.uk.

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "configure.py", line 786, in ?
     main(sys.argv)
   File "configure.py", line 777, in main
     create_makefiles()
   File "configure.py", line 621, in create_makefiles
     import sipconfig
   File "/Developer/sip-x11-gpl-snapshot-20031124/sipconfig.py", line 98
     'INCDIR_OPENGL':
'/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers \\

               ^
SyntaxError: EOL while scanning single-quoted string
[Wheezer:/Developer/sip-x11-gpl-snapshot-20031124] mef%

3.  -- THIRD TRY --

[Wheezer:/Developer/sip-x11-gpl-snapshot-20031124] mef% python
configure.py -l "qt-mt" -p darwin-g++
This is SIP snapshot-20031124 for Python 2.3 on darwin.
The SIP code generator will be installed in /usr/local/bin.
The SIP module will be installed in
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/
site-packages.
The SIP header file will be installed in
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/include/
python2.3.
The default directory to install .sip files in is /usr/local/share/sip.
Qt v3.2.2 free edition is being used.
The Qt header files are in /Developer/qt/include.
The qt-mt Qt library is in /Developer/qt/lib.
The platform/compiler configuration is darwin-g++.
Creating sipconfig.py...
Creating top level Makefile...
Creating sip code generator Makefile...
Creating sip module Makefile...