[review] Re: [PyKDE] PyKDE-3.8 released

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Nov 7 18:13:01 GMT 2003

On Friday November 7 2003 07:07, Atsushi Odagiri wrote:
> Hi, This is Atsushi Odagiri.
>
> I built PyKDE-3.8.0 on Debian GNU/Linux woody.
>
> And importTest.py shows me the error such as below.
>
>    > ImportError:
>    > /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/libkdecorecmodule.so:
>    > undefined symbol: manage__19KAcceleratorManagerP7QWidget
>
> This mangled identifier comes from
> "void KAcceleratorManager::manage(Widget *)".
> I can't found KAccelerator in kdecore, but in kdeui.
> I added "-lkdeui" to LIBS in $PyKDE/kdecore/Makefile,
> and I confirmed importTest.py is running.
>
> My environment is:
>   Python:2.3.2
>   Qt: 3.1.2 (multi-thread)
>   KDE: 3.1.4
> These are packaged for woody and distributed by KDE.

According to my KDE 3.1.4 kdelibs sources (from kde.org),
kaccelmanager.[h, cpp] exist in both kdecore and kdeui (in the
make files for each too). Apparently Debian has removed the
kdecore instance and left the kdeui instance from its KDE.

Your solution should work fine. To prevent this from occurring at
all, the solution *for Debian only* would be to remove the
"%Include kaccellmanger.sip" from both kdecore-kde313.sip and
kdecore-kde314.sip and add it to kdeui-kde313.sip and
kdeui-kde314.sip.

For SuSE, RH and Mdk it works as is. I wrote the project file
which controls PyKDE generation to omit kaccelmanage from kdeui
(probably got a duplication error - don't remember). I can
probably move it to kdeui long term, but I'll have to test it
with other distributions first.

Jim