[PyKDE] SIP 4.0pre3 --Questions--

michael ferraro michael at possibleworlds.com
Tue Nov 4 20:26:01 GMT 2003

I have successfully compiled and installed:

qt-mac-free-3.2.2
sip-mac-gpl-4.0pre3
PyQt-mac-gpl-snapshot-20031027

on a DUAL 1.4 G4 running Panther

the builds all went without a hitch. I tested
designer &c. and ran a few of the Qt examples
which all seemed to run fine.

What I'm confused about is that the
PyQt/examples3 (as well as my application)
do not seem to run correctly. The main
window's are displayed but they do not come
to the front. The text in the window is tiny
and "scruntched". until I click in the content
area of the window and then most (but
not all) of the text looks as expected but the
app window stays behind many (but not all) of
the other application windows (mail &c.)

There is no application menubar and the apps
do not respond to accelerator keys.

I have run the apps with absolute paths, relative
paths and from the IDE's supplied as part of
MacPython with the same results

Is there something I am overlooking

thanks for any insights you might have

Michael