[PyKDE] pyKDE error

Hannes Hauswedell soul.rebel at web.de
Mon Nov 3 14:32:00 GMT 2003

hi
i had problems creating pyKDE on my system and output told me to email this to
you. i am using suse 9.0 and since there seem to be no precompiled pyKDE rpms
for this release and the suse 8.2 ones are causing problems i would be really
grateful if someone could figure this out.
thanks and greetings
hannes hauswedell

this is the whole program output:

linux:/mnt/hdb2_setup/Linux_Packages/PyKDE-3.7-4 # python build.py -q /usr/
lib/qt3 -v /usr/lib/qt3/sip
Building PyKDE 3.8 for Python 2.3+ on linux2.
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages is the PyKDE installation directory.
/usr/include/python2.3 contains Python.h.
/usr/bin/sip will be used as the SIP code generator.
/usr/include/python2.3 contains sipQt.h.
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages contains the SIP module.
/usr/lib/qt3 is the Qt base directory.
/usr/lib/qt3/include contains qglobal.h.
Qt 3.2.1 is being used.
/opt/kde3 is the KDE base directory.
/opt/kde3/include contains kdeversion.h.
KDE 3.1.3 is being used.
/usr/lib/qt3/bin/qmake will be used to generate Makefiles.
The libqt-mt.so.3 Qt library was found.
Qt thread support is enabled.
Qt and KDE use compatible libs (threading)

found libs for modules:
     dcop kdecore kdesu kdefx kdeui kio kfile (kio) kparts khtml kjs kspell
kdeprint

PyQt/sip directory found at /usr/lib/qt3/sip
PyQt sip file version is compatible with PyKDE (3.8)
sip version is compatible with PyKDE-3.8
/usr/bin/make will be used as the make program.
Checking to see if the C++ compiler supports -fno-exceptions.
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -march=i586 -mcpu=i686 -fmessage-length=0 -fPIC -w -O2
-march=i586 -mcpu=i686 -fmessage-length=0 -fPIC -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG
-DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -fno-exceptions -I/usr/lib/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I.
-I/usr/include/python2.3 -I/opt/kde3/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/lib/qt3/
include -o qttest.o qttest.cpp
g++  -o qttest qttest.o   -L/usr/lib/ -L/usr/lib/qt3/lib/ -L/usr/X11R6/lib/
-lqt-mt -lXext -lX11 -lm -lpthread
The C++ compiler supports -fno-exceptions.
Using existing features file.
Generating the C++ source for the dcop module.
Generating the Makefile for the dcop module.
Concatenating the C++ files for the dcop module.
Compiling dcop.py.
Generating the C++ source for the kdecore module.
Generating the Makefile for the kdecore module.
Concatenating the C++ files for the kdecore module.
Compiling kdecore.py.
Generating the C++ source for the kdesu module.
Generating the Makefile for the kdesu module.
Concatenating the C++ files for the kdesu module.
Compiling kdesu.py.
Generating the C++ source for the kdefx module.
Generating the Makefile for the kdefx module.
Concatenating the C++ files for the kdefx module.
Compiling kdefx.py.
Generating the C++ source for the kdeui module.
Generating the Makefile for the kdeui module.
Concatenating the C++ files for the kdeui module.
Compiling kdeui.py.
Generating the C++ source for the kio module.
Generating the Makefile for the kio module.
Concatenating the C++ files for the kio module.
Compiling kio.py.
Generating the C++ source for the kfile module.
Generating the Makefile for the kfile module.
Concatenating the C++ files for the kfile module.
Compiling kfile.py.
Generating the C++ source for the kparts module.
Generating the Makefile for the kparts module.
Concatenating the C++ files for the kparts module.
Compiling kparts.py.
Generating the C++ source for the khtml module.
Generating the Makefile for the khtml module.
Concatenating the C++ files for the khtml module.
Compiling khtml.py.
Generating the C++ source for the kjs module.
Generating the Makefile for the kjs module.
Concatenating the C++ files for the kjs module.
Compiling kjs.py.
Generating the C++ source for the kspell module.
Generating the Makefile for the kspell module.
Concatenating the C++ files for the kspell module.
Compiling kspell.py.
Generating the C++ source for the kdeprint module.
Generating the Makefile for the kdeprint module.
Concatenating the C++ files for the kdeprint module.
Compiling kdeprint.py.
Creating top level Makefile.
QDir::currentDirPath: stat(".") failed
QDir::currentDirPath: stat(".") failed
QDir::currentDirPath: stat(".") failed
Cannot find directory:
Error processing project file: /PyKDE.pro
An internal error occured.  Please report all the output from the program,
including the following traceback, to <jbublitz at nwinternet.com> and CC the

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "build.py", line 1616, in ?
    main(sys.argv)
  File "build.py", line 1595, in main
    buildMakefile("PyKDE.pro")
  File "build.py", line 1250, in buildMakefile
    runProgram(makefileGen,['-o', 'Makefile', pro],1,wd)
  File "build.py", line 1431, in main
    nrcpu = int(os.environ["SMP"])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/UserDict.py", line 19, in __getitem__
    def __getitem__(self, key): return self.data[key]
KeyError: 'SMP'
linux:/mnt/hdb2_setup/Linux_Packages/PyKDE-3.7-4 #