[PyKDE] QtDesigner - simpler proxy

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Nov 2 22:58:00 GMT 2003

My revisions to the QtDesigner plugin are attached. I did the
following:

1. Revised the build procedure slightly.

2. Revised pyqwidgetplugin.cpp - refactored 'init' slightly and
modified 'create' as discussed in an earlier post. Added more
printfs.

3. Revised proxywidget.cpp - this needs to be included in the
Makefile now (and is using the .pro file in the attached).
Revised proxywidget.h.

You should be able to untar this into the PyKDE tree, change to
the directory created, and run:

python build.py && make && su -c"make install"

It doesn't really depend on PyKDE, but some of the lib and
include paths might still be relative to PyKDE's tree.

It also doesn't install libpythonize - you can symlink or copy
that to somewhere accessible via ld.so.conf or LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
A number of other libs (libsip, libqtcmodule, libqtuicmodule -
maybe others) also need to be accessible in the same manner.

If this builds and installs correctly, you should see
"FileChooser" and "StockWidget" in the "Inputs" section of
QtDesigner. You generally won't see any error messages if it
doesn't load correctly when QtDesigner is started. The most
common reason is that some need lib isn't locatable. You can run
ldd on libpyqwidget.so (should be in $QTDIR/plugins/designer)
and look for any "not found" tags.

This is far from being usable - it's still under development.

"Works for me (tm)"

Jim