[PyKDE] KTrader woes?

Paul Evans pevans at catholic.org
Sat Nov 1 17:02:00 GMT 2003

On October 31, 2003 23:52 pm, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> I'd recommend using the second method in my previous post -
> calling KCmdLineArgs.init. The next release will have a number
> of simple program templates, and all but one are written that
> way. It seems to be the way KDE wants to go in the future. It's
> 5 or so extra lines of code.
Thanks very much Jim. I'm just now starting to use the KDE part of things and
didn't know about KCmdLineArgs.init - just looked up the widget I was
interested in and thought the rest would be the same as Qt.

Makes sense now that I know about it though, given the error I was getting.

Passing a different, single element list to Kapplication and processing
sys.argv with python was something that I tried, it got me in, but provoked
the big KDE Crash Handler dialog on exit.

Past time for me to wget all the kde docs then too...

Everything else is going great. I'm really enjoying this over the other two
kits I've used over the years. Just now getting to the point where I don't
have to read too much when I write something new.

I thought :-)

--
Regards, Paul Evans