[PyKDE] dir(QtObjectThing) -> give_me_all_attrs(QtObjectThing)?

Kasper Souren Kasper.Souren at ircam.fr
Wed May 28 19:38:01 BST 2003

Hi,

I wonder whether there is a simple trick to get all the existing attributes?
Now a dir(QtObjectThing) just gives a very limited number of attributes. When
exploring PyQy (and PyQwt) it would be a great help when there was a simple
way to just see the possible methods. Without resorting to the manual, that
is ;)  When working in Python I usually just hack around and use my TAB key a
lot (in order to get possible completions).

Once an object's method is used it does appear in dir(the_object). So I hope
there is a possibility to have a little function that could 'trigger' the
possible attributes...

Having this automatically would be even cooler, but I guess that that would
already have been done if it were easy... And, I hope not but, maybe the same
counts for the little hackish function I have in mind.

bye,
Kasper