[PyKDE] Bug in PyKDE-3.5-2

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue May 27 17:22:00 BST 2003

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 05:32, Israel Herraiz Tabernero wrote:
> I am new in this list. I have tried to compile PyKDE-3.5 under
> KDE-3.1.0 (with Mandrake Linux 9.1 and gcc 3.2.2).

> I can not compile it because I get an error, saying that the
> constructor KService(const Kservice&) (line 42 in
> /usr/include/kservice.h) is private. I have changed kservice.h
> and notified it to the KDE developers, but they affirm that
> that constructor must be private, and so the bug is in PyKDE
> and not in KDE.

> The bug is in the kio module of PyKDE (in the file
> sipkioKServicePtr.cpp). Well, i'm currenty compiling it in
> order to know the line where the bug appears, but my computer
> is a little slow (in a few minutes I will send an e-mail to
> the list with the exact location of the bug; well perhaps
> tomorrow ;-).

> I don't know if this bug was be reported earlier. Anyway, here
> is my notification.

It would be helpful to see the gcc error output. There is no
direct reference to KService(KService&) in
sipkioKServicePtr.cpp, or in the underlying sip file. PyKDE3.5-2
compiles successfully with KDE-3.1.0 and gcc 3.2.2 under SuSE
and Red Hat, and the KService copy contstructor is private in
those cases as well.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with Mdk 9.1?

Jim