[PyKDE] PyQT and VTK, problem with layout management

Gerard Vermeulen gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Thu May 22 19:00:00 BST 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003 16:26:43 +0200
CEZARD Yann <Yann.CEZARD at ifp.fr> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Not sure if this more a QT or VTK related question, but
> perhaps someone here has the solution, so I make a cross-posting.
>
> I'm using the QT designer to design a GUI, and using another
> kind of widget (QFrame or QLabel) in order to position my futur
> QVTKRenderWidget (a widget that inherits QWidget ans that is used
> to display VTK data) by then editing the output code and replacing
> the QFrame by the QVTKRenderWidget, but here is my problem :
>
> If I don't use the possibilities of layout management of QT,
> everythings goes OK, but if I do, the main window doesn't
> display at all...
> I think it's a problem of methods that are not implemented by
> the QVTKRenderWidget, but which ones ?
> Does anybody here have an idea ? Did someone already resolve
> this kind of problem ?
>
> Sorry if I am out of topic...

Did you try:
http://gerard.vermeulen.free.fr/QVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py

It is probably bettter than the widget in VTK-4.2. VTK-CVS was
already frozen when I proposed my changes and I had to fight
very hard to get it in.
I got a bug report after my changes went into CVS, I fixed it
and this is the result. If it helps you, feel free to send
it to the VTK developers.

Of the two PyQt widgets, this one is the best.

Gerard