[PyKDE] Rotating/transforming widgets

Vio vmilitaru at sympatico.ca
Thu May 22 09:56:01 BST 2003

I have a QTextEdit inside a QFrame, with layout managed by a
QVBoxLayout. The parent QFrame lives inside some base QWidget.

I am trying to rotate (and possibly apply other transforms) to the
QTextEdit widget (and its parent QFrame). Is this at all possible? From
the 'aclock.py' example, it "sounds" possible, using a QPainter and a
QWMatrix. But on closer look I can only rotate/transform simple
text/images directly drawn by a QPainter inside the target widget's
reimplemented paintEvent(). While what I want is to rotate the widget
itself, let's say around its center. And I also want the QVBoxLayout
instance to still manage the widget's layout.

If this is at all possible, and if someone could spare a few lines of
python in a little example, just enough to get me going, I'd really
appreciate it.

Cheers,
Vio