[PyKDE] Qscintilla wrapper

Trent Childers trent-ch at cox.net
Wed Mar 19 07:16:01 GMT 2003

Well it seems that I should have checked the archives. Turns out I
forgot to add /usr/lib/qt-3.0.5/lib to my etc/ld.so.conf file and run
ldconfig

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 18:48, Trent Childers wrote:

    In the module qtext.py I am getting the following error
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/eric3/eric3.py", line 20,
    in ?
        import Preferences
      File "Preferences/__init__.py", line 24, in ?
      File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/qtext.py", line 29, in ?
        import libqtextc
    ImportError: libqscintilla.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
    such file or directory

    I went in and commented out the lines
    #try:
           # from qtext import QextScintilla
        #except:
         #   print 'Sorry, please install QScintilla and/or reinstall'
          #  print 'PyQt with QScintilla support.'
           # sys.exit(1)
    from install.py in eric-3.1 just to see if it would compile and what
    sort of error i would get when I ran eric. I did this because It
    kept failing here and giving me Sorry please install QScintilla
    error.
    I have installed Qscintilla,SIP and PyQt from the latest development
    snapshots.

    First off where is libqtextc supposed to be.
    Second why is it failing to the line from qtext import QextScintilla
    since I have the qtext module installed.

    I followed the instructions in the ReadMe files to the letter. I
    have tried this both with dll and staticlib configuration on
    Qscintilla install.
    I have Qt 3.0.5 installed on my redhat 8.0 system.