[PyKDE] Unexpected problem importing qtext

Dimitris Garanatsios rs96057 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 8 00:57:01 GMT 2003

Hi there,

Recently i successfully installed sip v3.5, qscintilla v0.3 and
PyQt v3.5 from sources, in that particular order... Afterwards,
i wanted to try out eric v3.0.0b1 (eric 3.0.1 seems to need PyQt
v3.6 which i can't find anywhere - i prefer to use the stable
releases), but...

...eric's install.py script fails to "import qtext" and here is
the traceback i get importing it:

---start---
Python 2.2.1 (#1, Jul 31 2002, 15:21:54)
[GCC 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)] on linux2
>>>import qtext
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/qtext.py", line 28, in ?
    import libqtextc
ImportError: libqscintilla.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
---end---

I have searched the archives and found out that another user had
this problem too, but he was missing some files. In my case
though, the problem seems to be that i can't figure out what's
missing...

PyQt was compiled with qscintilla support (or so said the
build.py script) over qt v3.0.3 and i have the following files:

---start---
<python_site-packages>/qtext.py

<python_site-packages>/libqtextcmodule.so
<python_site-packages>/libqtextcmodule.so.1
<python_site-packages>/libqtextcmodule.so.1.0
<python_site-packages>/libqtextcmodule.so.1.0.0

$QTDIR/lib/libqscintilla.so
$QTDIR/lib/libqscintilla.so.0
$QTDIR/lib/libqscintilla.so.0.0
$QTDIR/lib/libqscintilla.so.0.0.0
---end---

I have tried copying libqscintilla.so* to <python_site-packages>
but that did nothing. I run ldconfig too in case that this has
somethting to do with the problem...

So, any doctors out there ;-)

Btw, i have never used PyQt before and just subscribed to the
list, so i apologize if i didn't find an already posted
answer.

Thanks in advance...