[PyKDE] C++ conversion to python, using sip

Frederick Polgardy Jr polgardy at bodacion.com
Sat Jun 28 22:50:00 BST 2003

On Saturday 28 June 2003 12:53, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> Python has been going in the way of merging the int
> and float types closer together than in C/C++ (For instance, 1/2 may
> equal 0.5 in the future)

Yes, it's already under the "What's new in Python 2.2" section of the docs,
in the section entitled "Changing the Division Operator."  (In my docs,
it's .../whatsnew/node7.html.)  (1 / 2) will equal 0.5 in Python 3.0 by
default, and with 'from __future__ import division' until then.  From 2.2
on, the 'floor division' operator (1 // 2) gets you good old C-style
integer division.