[PyKDE] sip and virtual private destructors

Gerard Vermeulen gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Wed Jun 25 19:05:00 BST 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:13:21 -0400
"A.M. Kuchling" <amk at asti-usa.com> wrote:

> I'm wrapping a C++ library with SIP, and have a class with a virtual
> private destructor.  sip reports a parse error when confronted with a
> declaration like "virtual ~GmOptions();".  I can remove the "virtual"
> qualifier, but then the module fails to load, unable to find a mangled
> "_ZTI9GmOptions" symbol that I'm guessing is due to the destructor
> type being wrong.
>
> Any suggestions?  Are there any virtual destructors wrapped in PyQt or
> PyKDE that I could look at as an example?

My advice is not to wrap the virtual destructors.

Some background:
(1) support of virtual destructors in sip is about a week old (see a
recent snapshot).
(2) sip derives interface classes from the wrapped classes; in this
scheme it is hard to see how sip can handle private virtual destructors
(but I am not the most qualified person to say so).

Gerard