[PyKDE] Segmentation fault with dynamic creating of widget content

Wido Depping wido.depping at tu-clausthal.de
Tue Jun 17 22:56:00 BST 2003

On Tuesday 17 June 2003 14:39, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 June 2003 10:40 am, Wido Depping wrote:

> > > What happens if you call removeChild() before you call destroy()?
> >
> > Then I get a segmentation fault, too. This time it happens, if I refresh
> > the widget and then press 'Alt'. It also happens if I minimize and
> > restore the window. Also with the same backtrace.
> > That's why I executed the destroy() before removeChild().
>
> You should definately do the removeChild() first. I would also "del x"
> rather than "x.destroy()". Other than that, have you got a small, but
> complete, example that demonstrates the problem.

Ok, I think I have a testcase, which should trigger the error. Needed some
time to find out, what was triggering the segfault.
I create for each row a button and install a eventfilter. After leaving the
eventfilter, the event is normally processed. And this might be the cause of
the error.
If you try to switch between the openend windows often and fast enough, the
errorr occurs with a similar backtracke I get with my real programm.
Attached is the sourcecode. Run with 'python TestWidget.py'

Wido