[PyKDE] pyQt on windows

Keith Jones kmj9907 at cs.rit.edu
Wed Jul 30 05:36:00 BST 2003

Hi,

I know this is for both PyQt and PyKDE, which implies it's linux
oriented, but I've got a question about distributing pyQt on windows.
I'm a linux user, and I've got a pyQt application that I would like a
friend (who's on windows) to be able to run. I can't seem to figure out
how he can run it, though. He installed python and PyQt-3.7, which I
assume does not install the qt libraries. He proceeded to install the Qt
windows evaluation version (3.0.?) available at trolltech.com, which
made him jump through a number of loops related to visual studio, and
which I don't think he should have had to do. Even then, 'import qt' in
idle complained that it couldn't find the required dll. So I'm wondering
how I can go about this... it certainly can't be as hard as installing
the Qt development product on any computer that wants to use it. (By the
way, this is totally a noncommercial application.) I was wondering if
anyone had any comments about this.

Thanks for any help!
Keith Jones