[PyKDE] building PyKDE-3.5-2

Austin Reid austinjreid at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 21:47:00 BST 2003

I have just tried building PyKDE-3.5-2 on Mandrake 9.1 (KDE 3.1.0)

I have built, make'd and make install'd SIP and PyQT from the riverbank
download page. No errors, however, when I come to build PyKDE I get

using: python build.py -lqt-mt -c -q/usr/lib/qt3
Building PyKDE 3.5 for Python 2.2.2 on linux-i386.d.py -lqt-mt -c
-q/usr/lib/qt3
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages is the PyKDE installation directory.
/usr/include/python2.2 contains Python.h.
/usr/local/bin/sip will be used as the SIP code generator.
/usr/include/python2.2 contains sipQt.h.
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages contains the SIP module.
/usr/lib/qt3 is the Qt base directory.
/usr/lib/qt3/include contains qglobal.h.
Qt 3.1.1 is being used.
/usr is the KDE base directory.
/usr/include contains kdeversion.h.
KDE 3.1.0 is being used.
/usr/lib/qt3/bin/qmake will be used to generate Makefiles.
Qt thread support is enabled.
Qt and KDE use compatible libs (threading)

found libs for modules:
     dcop kdecore kdesu kdefx kdeui kio kfile (kio) kparts khtml kjs kspell
kdeprint
Error: Couldn't import qt module from PyQt -- from line 725 in build.py

as from viewing other posts I cannot make out anything I should now do to
help however when i try to import qt in python I get:
>>>import qt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/qt.py", line 39, in ?
    import libqtc
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libqtcmodule.so: undefined
symbol: _ZNK9QSGIStyle9classNameEv

can anyone help?

Austin
mailto:austinjreid at hotmail.com