[PyKDE] IOSlaves - initial attempts

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Jul 13 18:19:06 BST 2003

On Saturday July 12 2003 17:55, Gordon Tyler wrote:
> Wido Depping wrote:
> > On Monday 07 July 2003 23:08, Kasper Souren wrote:
> >>Cool. I am interested in controlling noatun myself. Can this
> >> be done with IOSlaves?

> > playlist, too. Somewhere on the web is a tutorial for using
> > dcop. In python you would spawn a dcop-process with the
> > needed parameters. That's all.

> You don't need to execute a dcop process from python since
> PyKDE provides Python bindings for the dcop library. I think
> the KDE project also provides its own dcop bindings for Python
> which are implemented differently and cover a different
> subset.

There are examples somewhere in KDE for a number of languages -
either in kde-bindings, kde-sdk or one of the devel packages.
Those don't require PyKDE or PyQt.  KApplication in PyKDE will
return a DCOPClient object, and there is also a dcop module in
PyKDE.

Some parts of dcop don't have PyKDE bindings, but I believe
that's mostly the DCOPServer stuff. I haven't tried out the
PyKDE bindings to see if they're sufficient for general use.

Jim