[PyKDE] Error when loading libqtc for PyQt3.7

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Jul 11 23:01:01 BST 2003

On Friday July 11 2003 09:33, Frederick Polgardy Jr wrote:
> Obviously this situation arises, and will continue to arise,
> every iteration of SIP/PyQt development, given that PyKDE is a
> pretty monstrous project, and presumably Jim has a life
> outside of PyKDE. :)

Big presumption :)

> The problem is that there is a set of
> users who want the cutting edge SIP/PyQt stuff, and another
> set (in which I place myself) who want to continue to use the
> complete SIP/PyQt/PyKDE combo until *everything* is upgraded.

The short answer is that this delay (unlike previous regular
delays) should be an anomaly. A lot of stuff (new KDE, new sip,
lots of user patches/contributions/bugs, plus a ton of business
related stuff) all dropped at once and I've been continually
behind on everything for the last 3 months.

The theory is that development tools for PyKDE plus more unit
testing plus less regression testing should allow PyKDE to stay
within a week or two of sip/PyQt/KDE upgrades.

Somewhere between the end of summer and end of the year a lot of
this should be sorted out and PyKDE should be on track and stay
there. If that doesn't happen, I (or we) will have to look at
what the remaining problems and possible solutions are, but I
think the foundation is in place for everything to run more
smoothly once I've caught up (again).

Jim