[PyKDE] QWindowsXPStyle causing unresolved external symbols w ith PyQt 3.7 build

Tuvi, Selim stuvi at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Tue Jul 8 20:17:00 BST 2003

Phil thanks for the suggestion, instead I modified build.py lines 1091 thru 1094 as follows:

#if (defined(Q_OS_WIN32) || defined(Q_OS_WIN64)) && QT_VERSION >= 0x030000
//  if (qWinVersion() != Qt::WV_XP)
    fprintf(fp,"-x Qt_STYLE_WINDOWSXP\\n");
#endif

to force exclusion of this feature and that seemed to do the trick.

While we are on this topic, for future releases do you suggest that we compile Qt by specifying options like these as "direct" and not as "plugins"? Is there a way to support these pluggable window styles in PyQt in the future?

Thanks
-Selim

Selim Tuvi, Research Engineering Group, SLAC
GLAST, I&T Online, MS 98