[PyKDE] Window refresh from another process

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Wed Jul 2 16:49:00 BST 2003

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 12:07:56PM +0200, Albert Cervera Areny wrote:

> >>   The problem is that when the event occurs the window isn't refreshed
> >> until I move the mouse cursor. The XML-RPC process calls the window
> >> addEvent function (I've written) and the last thing it does is calling
> >> self.repaint(0) but it doesn't work.
> >>
> >>   Does somebody have a clue of how I could solve this?
> >
> > Is self.update() any better?
>
> No. It's exactly the same

I suppose that you're running the XML-RPC server at one thread and the
graphic front-end at another. If that's the case, are you aware that you
can't simply update the graphics from the XML-RPC thread, but only from
the main, graphics, thread (it is, if you want immediate results)? It's
the same you can see with Java's SWING, and others.