[PyKDE] Custom import statements

Sven Over over at hep.physik.uni-siegen.de
Thu Jan 23 14:47:01 GMT 2003

Hello.

Maybe this issue was raised a hundred times ago, but anyway, I'm new to PyQt
and not a subscriber to this mailing list (so pleeeease, CC your answer to
me).

My question: how can I make pyuic put a certain "import" statement at the
beginning of a generated py-file? I'm working on a graphical frontend for a
device connected to a VME bus. To be quick, I write most of the code into qt
designer, so that pyuic puts it in its py-file. To accessing the device I
need a "import VME" statement at the beginning of the py-file. How do I
achieve that pyuic puts it there for me. For now, I have to edit the py-file
after every execution of pyuic.

Thanks a lot...

(and pleeeease, CC to me if you answer to this mail)

  Sven Over                         phone: +49-271-740-3629
  Universitaet Siegen               fax:   +49-271-740-3886
  Fachbereich Physik
  Emmy-Noether-Campus A-102         over at hep.physik.uni-siegen.de
  Walter-Flex-Str. 3
  57068 Siegen                      http://www.hep.physik.uni-siegen.de/