[PyKDE] pyqt-debian

ranto yo at ranto.com.ar
Thu Jan 16 01:26:00 GMT 2003

hi, i'm quite new at pyqt, and i cannot find the correct sources for installing pyqt on
debian. I try one way and another but i always get stuck when apt requires the
python2.2-sip-qt3 (>= 3.5) package, wich i couldn't find anywhere. I also tried to
compile the sources, but i get stuck in the build.py
i run:
python build.py -i /usr/include/qt -l qt-mt

and the final error output is:

/usr/bin/make will be used as the make program.
No generator specified in config file: qttest.pro
An internal error occured.  Please report all the output from the program,
including the following traceback, to phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "build.py", line 948, in ?
  File "build.py", line 901, in main
  File "build.py", line 324, in mkTempBuildDir
  File "build.py", line 816, in buildMakefile
  File "build.py", line 237, in patchFile
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'Makefile'

I would appreciate any help, since i have chosen pyqt for my future free software
developement and i cannot get it to install in debian computers.

Rafael Darder Calvo