[PyKDE] SIP Roadmap

gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Fri Jan 3 12:47:00 GMT 2003

> For those interested I've added a SIP Roadmap to the website at
> http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/sip/roadmap.php which describes the main
> objectives and features for SIP v4.
>
> Comments welcome.

As author of PyQwt, an extension package that I support also on Qt-230-NC,
I have the following comments:

(1) wrt the obeying to the Python API export rules. This also facilitates
the link step on other platforms than MacOS/X: under current scheme this is
a minor problem on Posix systems, but on Windows, it means rebuilding
PyQt-NC and sip-NC to rebuild the necessary *.exp and *.lib. Great!

(2) wrt to the limitation to Qt >= 3.0.0. This will make it more difficult
for me to keep PyQwt compatible with Windows (I have no commercial version
for Qt, neither for PyQt). Let me point out that I know of at least 2
companies with a commercial license for PyQt that are also using PyQwt.