[PyKDE] Closing dialogue windows

Tom Chance tomchance at gmx.net
Thu Feb 27 16:52:00 GMT 2003

Related to this, how do you close a dialogue window when it is running in a
new thread? And how do you keep updating it?

I've started my dialogue window like so (where ProgressDialogue is a class
made in Qt Designer):

progresswin = ProgressDialogue(self, "Progress", 1, Qt.WType_Dialog)
thread.start_new(progresswin.exec_loop, ())

This allows me to continue working in the main thread and passing info to and
from the progress window thread. But if I connect a close button to the
close() slot, it closes the whole app, including the main window. How do I
get around this?

I also get a strange behaviour whereby once the window has "finished"
(progress is complete), if I put one window over the progress window, then
bring back the progress window, its contents get blanked out, so it isn't
updating the display. I put app.processEvents() at the end of the bit of code
for the work it's doing, but it has no effect. I'm guessing this alsohas
something to do with the threading?

Thanks for any help,
Tom