[PyKDE] Solaris PyQt 3.5 Compile Nightmare

Laurent Claustre claustre at esrf.fr
Thu Feb 27 09:30:01 GMT 2003

I've got problem too on solaris7/8 with undefined symbol, but solved it
by patching sipQt.h as following:
#ifndef _SIPQT_H
#define _SIPQT_H

#include <Python.h>
// Python.h includes unistd.h on some platforms
// POSIX Large File Support redefines truncate -> truncate64
#if defined(truncate)
# undef truncate
#endif

#include <qobject.h>
#include <sip.h>

/usr/includ/unistd.h does #define truncate truncate64, that makes
substition to Qt header files too.

I'm using python 2.2.2  and you ?
Could you give us the full compilation command which fails ?