[PyKDE] PyQt - getting unexpected async reply in threaded ap

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Feb 23 18:35:01 GMT 2003

On 23-Feb-03 Nicholas John Murison wrote:
> As far as I can remember, somewhere in the PyQt it says there
> should be a global qApp variable.  However, my code can't seem
> to find it, so I've passed on the object through constructor
> parameters to the threads.

> This seems to be working, and I hope it is the right way to go
> about these kind of things.

You should be able to access qApp if you just do:

   from qt import qApp

or if you do (not the best form):

   from qt import *

See for example application.py in the examples3/ subdirectory.

(Just as a side note: current versions of PyKDE don't implement the
equivalent kApp variable because it was causing a compilation
problem; PyKDE does implement the static

    KApplication.kApplication()

which can be called from any module and will return the program's
KApplication instance)

Jim