[PyKDE] auto completion with qtext

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 23 00:09:00 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 10:38 pm, Kapil Thangavelu wrote:
> hi,
>
> i wanted to try and add auto-completion to a qtext app. i'm a little unsure
> how to proceed.. does anyone have a simple example of the api to use.
>
> looking in the docs for qscintilla the only reference to completion is.
>

> void QextScintillaBase::SCN_CHARADDED
> (
> int
>   charadded
> )
> [signal]
>
> This signal is emitted whenever the user enters an ordinary character into
> the text. charadded is the character. It can be used to decide to display a
> call tip or an auto-completion list.
>
> <<
>
> which is a much, lower interface than what scintilla exposes from looking
> over its docs.. is autocompletion possible at this point with qtscintilla?
> if so any pointers would be appreciated.

It is possible - QScintilla exposes the whole of the low level Scintilla API.
The thing to do is to look at the original Scintilla/SciTE sources to see how
it's done.

However...this is high on Detlev's list of things he wants to add to eric, so
we have been discussing how an easier high level API should work. I think he
has thought about it more than I have, and I am currently sitting on some
proposals from him which I hope to find time to review next week.