[PyKDE] GUI Programming with Python: QT Edition (was: dialog/mainwindow question)

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Feb 21 14:28:01 GMT 2003

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Gerard Breiner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know this book since yesterday. I found it  at
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/python/tutorial.html and i download it from
> opendoc.
> I was surprised to note that the price at opendoc is 49.95 $  whereas in
> Paris at "Le monde en tique" the price is 113 ? as about 113 $

Good grief. That is a tad ridiculous... I am sure that Opendocs can send
you the book for rather less -- you won't get DHL speed, but it should be
a whole lot less expensive. This is the preferred way of ordering, since
it lets my publisher know that there's a demand, and that he should get
it listed with Amazon again.

(I think I've made this offer before -- but I've got a small stack of
author's copies, and if you trust the post-office with a wad of euro's, I
can send people in Europe a copy from the Netherlands. Two caveats: first,
_I_ do not trust the post office, so I send as I receive, and second, I'm
not a company, so cannot handle returns, resends, missing things, queries
and so on. And my stack is limited; mail before sending off the cash.)