[PyKDE] GUI Programming with Python: QT Edition (was: dialog/mainwindow question)

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Fri Feb 21 04:31:01 GMT 2003

On Friday 14 February 2003 13:12, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> On Friday 14 February 2003 20:46, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> > I just sent a personal email to Boudewijn and I echo this feeling.
> > Boudewijn, perhaps you can sell us the book directly, so that we know
> > that the money is going into you and your publishers pockets. I won't
> > mind spending $10-$20 more as long as it is going to the right place. I
> > know you have several copies at your home! ;-)
> >
> > I personally find Amazon's business tactics and patent policies
> > atrocious, so I never use them. I always prefer bn.com or some other
> > retailer.
>
> You can order directly from the publisher:
> https://secure.linuxports.com/opendocs/. Amazon
> has been a bloody nuisance, to be honest. They only want to deal with
> the largest US book distributor. Opendocs had teamed up with the second
> largest, and they have no end of trouble getting their books into the
> Amazon warehouses.

I ordered the book exactly one week ago from OpenDos. Today I received the
book. I have to say, it is quite informative and the writing style is good. I
am enjoying it very much, and even though I have been programming PyQt for
almost two years, I have learned a few things from it already.

--
Jonathan Gardner
jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Python Qt perl apache and linux