[PyKDE] PB to compile PyKDE-3.3.2

Gerard Breiner gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr
Tue Feb 11 12:07:00 GMT 2003

Hello,

First of all, thank indeed for your help.

> First, what version of KDE are you running? It should be a 2.x.x

it is exact

> version, as KStyle is in the kdefx module for KDE >= 3.0.
> PyKDE-3.3.2 supports KDE down to KDE 2.1.1, so that shouldn't be a
> problem.
>
> Second, some versions of Qt are compiled with some of the Q*Style
> options missing. In this case, KStyle is a subclass of
> QPlatinumStyle, so open the python interpreter and try:
>
>     from qt import QPlatinumStyle
> My guess is that won't work - if it doesn't, it means you'll need
> to recompile Qt with the correct feature set if you want to use
> PyKDE as is. You'd also need to recompile PyQt in that case.

Yes, you are right , it do not work
All right, I took your advice. Here what I did :

rpm -e --nodeps qt-2.3.1
mv /usr/lib/qt-2.3.1  /usr/lib/qt-2.3.1rpm
cp qt-x11-2.3.1.tar /usr/lib
cd /usr/lib
tar xvf  qt-x11-2.3.1.tar
mv qt-x11-2.3.1 qt-2.3.1
cd qt-2.3.1
./configure -qt-zlib -qt-libpng -no-gif
make
the process has finished successfully  and I had the following message :
"The Qt library is now built in ./lib"
"The Qt examples are built in the directories in ./examples"
"The Qt tutorials are built in the directories in ./tutorial"
'Note: be sure to set $$QTDIR to point to here or to wherever'
 you move these directories.'
"Enjoy!   - the Trolltech team"
--------------------------------------
To built PyQt
ln -s /usr/lib/qt-2.3.1/lib/liqt.so.2.3.1 /usr/lib/liqt.so.2
cd PyQt
python ./build.py -l qt
make
make install
so far, all is correct.
-------------------------
to built PyKDE
cp -r /PyQt/sip /usr/share
cd PyKDE
python ./build.py -t /usr/include/kde
make
one goes further, but unfortunately  the process finished with error :
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -fPIC -DSIP_MAKE_MODULE_DLL -DNO_DEBUG -fno-exceptions -I-I
 -I../extraH -I. -I/usr/local/include/python2.2 -I/usr/include/kde -I/usr/li
b/qt-2.3.1/include -o sipkdecoreKStandardDirs.o sipkdecoreKStandardDirs.cpp
sipkdecoreKStandardDirs.cpp: In function `PyObject
*sipDo_KStandardDirs_calcResourceHash (PyObject *, PyObject *)':
sipkdecoreKStandardDirs.cpp:79: no matching function for call to
`KStandardDirs::calcResourceHash (char *&, QString &, bool)'
make[1]: *** [sipkdecoreKStandardDirs.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/admin/PyKDE-3.3.2/kdecore'
make: *** [kdecore] Error 2

what doesn't work yet ?

Best regards