[PyKDE] SIP-4.0rc1 on Mac OS X with Fink's qt3-3.2.3

dan at tombstonezero.net dan at tombstonezero.net
Mon Dec 29 18:23:01 GMT 2003

I'm trying to get PyQt up and running under Mac OS X 10.2.8, but
can't get past configuring sip.

I installed fink's qt3-3.2.3-2 and restarted my shells to get
qt3's environment variables QTDIR and QMAKESPEC.

I downloaded sip-4.0rc1 from
http://www.river-bank.demon.co.uk/download/sip/sip-4.0rc1.tar.gz,
unpacked it, ran

    python configure.py -b ~/local/bin -v ~/local/share/sip

and got this error:

    Error: /sw/share/qt3/mkspecs/darwin-g++/qmake.conf: macro
    'QMAKE_LIBDIR/$(TARGET1)' is not defined.

I get the same error with the 2003-12-26 sip snapshot, and
regardless of the options I specify (which makes sense).

Since I'm still in the experimentation stages with qt3, I'm not
picky about whether I get an Aqua or an X version running.  Am I
better off uninstalling fink's qt3 and just building my own Aqua
version from source?  Can both versions co-exist?

I found a lot of information about getting sip 3.2 up and running
under Mac OS X, but nothing about 4.0rc1.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan Sommers

--