[PyKDE] Compiling PyQt for Qt/E

Jeff Simpson willigates at cox.net
Thu Dec 25 20:06:01 GMT 2003

I'm trying to build PyQt-3.9 against Qt/E-3.2.3 (free edition) and running
into a few problems.  I believe Sip has built correctly against Qt/E, but
when I try to configure PyQt I get an error:

sip: QDragEnterEvent is undefined

I guess I'm wondering whether  the Sip, PyQt, Qt/E versions are a known
working combination?  Are there any particular steps for building an x86
version of PyQt for Qt/E?

My system is as follows:
- Gentoo r1.4
- Python-2.2.3
- Qt/E-3.2.3 (free edition)
- Sip-3.9

The steps I followed were roughly as follows:
1) configure Qt/E with the -qconfig qpe option (which disabled DRAGANDDROP,
etc)
Note that the ./libs dir contains libqte.so*
2) export QTDIR=<qt/e dir from step 1>
3) Untar sip, and from Sip-3.9 dir run python configure.py
4) make
5) make install
6) run 'python -c "import sipconfig"'
7) Untar and run python configure.py from PyQt-3.9 and get the following:

PyQt-x11-gpl-3.9 $ python configure.py
This is the GPL version of PyQt 3.9 (licensed under the GNU General Public
License) for Python 2.2.3 on linux2.

Type 'L' to view the license.
Type 'yes' to accept the terms of the license.
Type 'no' to decline the terms of the license.

Do you accept the terms of the license? yes
SIP 3.9 is being used.
qextscintillaglobal.h could not be found in
/home/simpson/xfer/qt-embedded-free-3.2.3/include and so the qtext module will
not be built. If QScintilla is installed then use the -n argument to
explicitly
specify the correct directory.
Checking to see if the qtcanvas module should be built...
modtest.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
modtest.cpp:5: syntax error before `(' token
Checking to see if the qtnetwork module should be built...
modtest.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
modtest.cpp:5: syntax error before `(' token
Checking to see if the qttable module should be built...
modtest.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
modtest.cpp:5: syntax error before `(' token
Checking to see if the qtxml module should be built...
modtest.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
modtest.cpp:5: syntax error before `(' token
Checking to see if the qtgl module should be built...
/tmp/ccvJU9Kc.o(.text+0x41): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `QGLWidget::QGLWidget[in-charge](QWidget*, char
const*, QGLWidget const*, unsigned)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Checking to see if the qtsql module should be built...
Checking to see if the qtui module should be built...
In file included from modtest.cpp:1:
/home/simpson/xfer/qt-embedded-free-3.2.3/include/qwidgetfactory.h:96: `
   QPopupMenu' was not declared in this scope
/home/simpson/xfer/qt-embedded-free-3.2.3/include/qwidgetfactory.h:96: `p' was
   not declared in this scope
/home/simpson/xfer/qt-embedded-free-3.2.3/include/qwidgetfactory.h:96: syntax
   error before `&' token
/home/simpson/xfer/qt-embedded-free-3.2.3/include/qwidgetfactory.h:98: syntax
   error before `*' token
/home/simpson/xfer/qt-embedded-free-3.2.3/include/qwidgetfactory.h:170: `
   QAction' was not declared in this scope
/home/simpson/xfer/qt-embedded-free-3.2.3/include/qwidgetfactory.h:170:
template
   argument 1 is invalid
/home/simpson/xfer/qt-embedded-free-3.2.3/include/qwidgetfactory.h:170: ISO
C++
   forbids declaration of `actionList' with no type
Creating features file...
These PyQt modules will be built: qt qtsql.
The PyQt modules will be installed in /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages.
The PyQt .sip files will be installed in /usr/share/sip.
pyuic will be installed in /usr/bin.
pylupdate will be installed in /usr/bin.
Generating the C++ source for the qt module...
sip: QDragEnterEvent is undefined
Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

I'm sure I've done something wrong, but have not seen any postings regarding
steps to build PyQt...

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
-Jeff