[PyKDE] Re: sip SIGNAL/proxy problem

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Mon Dec 22 01:30:01 GMT 2003

On Sunday 21 December 2003 9:26 pm, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> There appears to be a sip problem as described in the following
> PyKDE list thread:
>
>     [PyKDE] un-connectable signals (probably sip bug)

This is on my list of things to resolve before the next release - just haven't
got to it yet. However, I suspect that there is a fundamental problem with
the way SIP works.

Changing SIP to recognise typedefs in signal signatures isn't a problem. I
think the problem will arise if they clash with similar signals that use the
base types. In other words moc may think two signal signatures are different
- but they are the same to C++.

I'll look at this in detail over the next few days...