[PyKDE] Next Release of SIP

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sat Dec 20 03:06:00 GMT 2003

Hi Phil,

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 19:56, Phil Thompson wrote:
> As far as I know, the current SIP snapshots (3.x and 4.x) don't
> have any problems. If you think differently then please let me
> know, otherwise I'll release v3.9.1 and v4.0rc2 in the next few
> days.

While testing current sip versions, I came across a problem related
to translation and QButton.setAccel, which I was able to reduce to the
attached script.

Running LANG=de python main.py [sip3-20031216 + PyQt 3.9], it crashes
with:
Fatal Python error: PyEval_SaveThread: NULL tstate
Abgebrochen

From further investigation, it looks like the line:

        self.pushButton1.setAccel(self.__tr("Alt+A"))

is the offender here. Adding a QKeySequence object in between cured
it:
        self.pushButton1.setAccel(self.__tr(QKeySequence("Alt+A")))

Same sequence works fine with sip4-20031216 + PyQt 3.9. The eric3
problem, as reported from Gerard, still persists, while eric3 work
fine with above sip3 version.

Any ideas?

It-feels-like-you're-almost-there'ly y'rs,

Pete