[PyKDE] un-connectable signals (probably sip bug)

Stefan Bund l-pykde.z.xalan at xoxy.net
Thu Dec 18 19:50:01 GMT 2003

Hallo everybody,

I have come across the following Problem: I cannot connect python
methods to several KDE signals:

  KWinModule::windowAdded(WId) is one,
  KIO::Job::processedSize(KIO::Job*,KIO::filesize_t) is another.

The problem seems to be with signal signatures containing some
problematic types (maybe all typedefs for primitive types?). I have
tried to understand the Problem reading the sip-generated C++-code (in
kdecorecmodule.cpp) and the sip sourcecode. For some reason or other,
the proxySlot declarations for some singal signatures are missing (for
example, in kdecorecmodule.cpp, the are *no* proxySlot definitions for
*any* signal signatures containing the WId typedef).

I am using python2.2 and sip, pyqt and pykde 3.8. There does not seem
to be a version of pyqt/pykde compatible with sip 3.9 yet.

Is there any workaround? Is this bug known? Is it corrected in sip
3.9? Is it somehow possible to use sip 3.9 with pyqt/pykde 3.8? Any
other sollution/bugfix?

Thank you for your help,

Stefan.

--
-- *DON'T* TRY TO REACH ME DIRECTLY AT ABOVE EMAIL ADDRESS. Any reply
-- received off-list at that address will be *silently* and