[PyKDE] Minimizing libqtc's size

Ulrich Berning ulrich.berning at desys.de
Wed Dec 17 11:18:01 GMT 2003

Myddrin schrieb:

>Has anyone done any work on decreasing the size of libqtc?
>
>We are using pyqt 3.7, and libqtc is almost 4 megs. (about 900K when we get
>done compressing it for re-distribution.
>
>Is anyone aware of ways to decrease the size?  (Already using -O1 when
>compiliing.)
>
>(This is on windows, btw)

With SIP V3 (snapshot) and PyQt-3.9, libqtc.pyd is 3.8 MB
With SIP V4 (snapshot) and PyQt 3.9, qt.pyd is 2.5 MB

The reason for the decrease in size is that the inter module
dependencies have gone away SIP V4. As far as I know, it is not possible
on Windows to make this smaller. Optimizing for size (-O1) may give you
a performance penalty.
But what is your problem with a module size of 4 megabytes in an
environment where installations or patches always have hundreds of
megabytes.

Ulli