[PyKDE] provide custom widget to python

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Tue Dec 16 15:50:00 GMT 2003

Hi Jan,

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 13:26, Jan Drugowitsch wrote:

> Ok, after moc'ing sipTokenDisplayProxyTokenDisplay.h, compiling
> everything and linking half of the world together (which gave me a
> 255Kb library - maybe a bit too much for one widget) it finally

About 20% is usually taken by the symbol table, only necessary for
debugging. Try stripping it out for deployment...

Phil: when comparing the stripped sizes of libqt.so.3.2.1 and the
relevant libqt*cmodule.so's, the latter are combined about 34%
bigger. The huge size of sip wrapped libs results from the necessity
of generating implementations of all possible method signatures.
Don't know, if there is at least a possibility to do something about
this on c++ level?

OTOH, using sip4 not only obsoletes the .py* modules, it reduces the
lib size by a few %. Nice :-)

> works! Or at least it imports without complaining about undefined
> symbols. Haven't tried in in a QApp yet,

Good luck.

Pete