[PyKDE] sip/PyQt 3.9

gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Wed Dec 10 00:14:00 GMT 2003

> On Tuesday 09 December 2003 23:18, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > On Tuesday 09 December 2003 9:59 pm, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> >
> > Does $QTDIR/mkspecs/default/qmake.conf define QMAKE_RPATH?
>
> Nope. Attached for reference. Suse 9.0 qt3-devel-3.2.1-34, BTW.

I ran into the same problems when porting PyQwt back to sip-3.9,
because to make it work I have to set the RPATH to include the qt
module. (FYI: I used configure.py to build sip-3.9 AND PyQt-3.9, PyQwt
is still made with my own stuff)

Why is this superfluous RPATH stuff needed? (now it is, because if
I remove the line containing

self.rpaths.append(self.config.sip_mod_dir)

from siputils.py, I get Pete's initial error messages)

RPATH is meant to help ld.so, but ld.so is never(?) used, because
Python loads the appropriate modules (abused as libraries).

What did change? The module loading with Python-2.3 (but PyQwt worked
with sip-3.8 and Python-2.3 without the RPATH magic) or sip?

Gerard