[PyKDE] ANN: Eric 3.3 released

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Dec 6 11:00:01 GMT 2003

Hi Trolls,

I am pround to announce, that eric3 3.3 has been released today. It is
available via

http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html

This version includes an interface to omniORB, scripting capabilities, a
refactoring browser (the well known Bicycle Repair Man), remapable
keyboard actions and a Russian translation. The editor supports split
views, keyboard macros, bookmarks and additional breakpoint types. In
addition to these new features there are a bunch of changes under the
hood, that should increase eric3's usability. For details see the
history file in the distribution.

What is it?
-----------
Eric 3.3 (or short eric3) is a Python IDE written using PyQt and
QScintilla. It has integrated project management capabilities, it gives
you an unlimited number of editors, an integrated Python shell, an
integrated debugger and much more.

Please see for yourself by visiting the a.m. page (it contains a picture
of Eric our mascot as well).

Please report bugs, feature wishes or code contributions to
eric-bugs at die-offenbachs.de

Help wanted!!
I really need some support in the area of more translations and user
documentation. Any volunteers out there? Just let me know.

Regards,
Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach