[PyKDE] Unable to build PyKDE-3.7-4 on rh9/kde-3.1.3

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Aug 19 02:19:01 BST 2003

On Monday August 18 2003 08:24, Rex Dieter wrote:
> On Monday 18 August 2003 10:21 am, Mateusz Korniak wrote:
> > > ldd: /usr/include/kde/site-packages/libqtcmodule.so: No
> > > such file or

> > I bet this path to libqtcmodule.so is wrong. ;)

> Where is libqtcmodule.so supposed to come from?  It's not in
> my kdelibs/kdelibs-devel.

libqtcmodule.so is normally in python/site-packages (or something
like python2.2/site-packages depending on distribution).

I don't recall why this problem occurs (quite honestly, it's too
early in the morning), but there is a fix for it in the next
release of build.py (which doesn't help much now).

If you're *SURE* you built PyQt against libqt-mt (or run ldd
yourself on libqtcmodule.so and look for libqt-mt.so NOT
libqt.so in the output), you can modify the checkThreading ()
function in build.py - just place a "return" as the first line
to skip the test.

Jim