[PyKDE] Problems compiling PyKDE

Peter Clark peter-clark at bethel.edu
Sun Aug 10 02:52:00 BST 2003

On Saturday 09 August 2003 07:41 pm, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libkdecorecmodule.so.1 -o
> libkdecorecmodule.so.1.0.0 kdecorehuge.o moc_sipkdecoreProxykdecore.o
> -L/usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages -L/usr/lib -lsip
> -lqtcmodule -lDCOP -lkdecore -ldcopcmodule -lqt-mt -lXext -lX11 -lm
> -lpthread
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldcopcmodule
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> It can't seem to find the dcopcmodule.
	Assuming that you have the C bindings for DCOP, try running 'make' as root. I
had the same problem when I first tried to compile it, but then I read the
README, which explains that _both_ building and installation need to be done
as root.
	:Peter

--
Oh what a tangled web they weave who try a new word to conceive!