[PyKDE] PyKDE on Debian

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Sat Aug 9 16:39:01 BST 2003

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 08:50:15AM -0500, Peter Clark wrote:
> what I really had was a mix; python2.2-qt3c102 was 3.7, but python-qt3 and
> python-qt-dev were 3.5. Once I upgraded those two and recompiled, PyKDE
> worked fine. (Also, pyqt-tools was at 3.5, but this didn't matter.) Would it
> be possible to add a couple of more dependencies to the packages so that all
> the related PyQt packages are fixed in relation to each other?
> 	Thanks,
> 	:Peter

Mmh... python-qt3 is not a problem. That's just a dummy package that
depends on the default pythonX.Y-qt3:

  Package: python-qt3
  Architecture: all
  Depends: python2.2-qt3c102 (>= ${Source-Version})

python-qt-dev _is_ a problem, because I cannot link it to
python2.2-qt3c102 via a dependency, as you don't really need qt*.so
installed to run sip using *.sip from python-qt-dev. But now thinking, I
fail to see any reasonable scenario where someone could want to run sip
to generate cpp files and then not compile them.

Ok... I'll add a dependency the next upload (Python 2.3 is to be made
the default python right this night).